DEVELOPMENT OF APPARATUS FOR MEASURING THE LONGITUDINAL FORCES IN RAILS LAID IN THE TRACK. PRELIMINARY SELECTION OF TECHNIQUES FOR DETERMINING LONGITUDINAL RAIL FORCES
This report gives the results of the assessment of the techniques for determining longitudinal rail forces. On the basis of both the theoretical and the experimental studies carried out by the Committee the conclusions and recommendations for subsequent development of these techniques are drawn up. Three methods are proposed for further development: magnetic parameters method; Magneto-mechanical acoustic emission; and rail flexural response.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic emission tests; Buckling; Data collection; Force; Measuring instruments; Nondestructive tests; Quality control; Railroad tracks; Strain gages; Structural design; Surveying; Tension
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces; Tensile stress; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d150; Track geometry survey device; Track quality
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053402
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 150/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM