PROBLEMS ARISING FROM THE RUNNING OF TRAIN TRAFFIC AT VERY HIGH-SPEED TRAINS IN TUNNELS. THEORETICAL PREDICTION METHODS FOR CALCULATING UNSTEADY FLOWS IN RAILWAY TUNNELS
This report gives the background to the development of methods for predicting unsteady flows in railway tunnels. In this report, a choice is made among five flow models of various complexities and of more or less practical application, in order to compare theory with the results of experiments carried out by the railway in tunnels and to make relevant recommendations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Flow fields; High speed rail; Mathematical models; Theoretical studies; Thermodynamics; Tunnels
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic effects; Question c149
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053401
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 149/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM