VEHICLE FUEL ECONOMY: TRACK VERSUS DYNAMOMETER
In a recently completed program a 1979 Chevrolet Nova was operated over EPA driving cycles on a test track at the Transportation Research Center in Ohio and on a chassis dynamometer at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Motor Vehicle Emission Laboratory in Ann Arbor. The data obtained in this program provide an opportunity to compare road and dynamometer fuel economy. This report discusses the results obtained from this program and discusses a dynamometer modification which would make the dynamometer fuel economy a more accurate predictor of fuel economy obtained by the vehicle on the road.
Environmental Protection AgencyStandards Development & Support Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Grugett, B
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Dynamometers; Fuel consumption; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Performance tests; Road tests; Test tracks
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00318735
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-S DSB-80-8 Tech Rpt., HS-030 940
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1983 12:00AM