HAND-HELD RAILROAD DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEM
The invention is a data acquisition system including a condition responsive sensor for producing an analog signal indicative of a given variable condition, a delta modulator circuit connected to receive and convert the analog signal into a modulated pulse train indicative of the given condition, an encoder circuit connected to receive and convert the modulated pulse train into an audio output signal, and a recorder connected to receive and record the audio output signal. The encoder produces Harvard phase coding of the modulated pulse train and produces an audio output signal in a range between 1000 and 3000 Bauds that is compatible with cassette tape recorders.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Long, L E
- Sarkisian, E A
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Instrumentation; Patents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00318730
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-6-158 907, DOT/CASE/TSC-10147
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM