MEAN FOR IMPROVING RAILS. THEORETICAL CALCULATIONS OF THE DETERIORATION IN TRACK GEOMETRY AT DISCRETE IRREGULARITIES IN TRACK LEVEL
This report describes the results of calculations of deterioration in vertical level made using the BR track deterioration computer program. Attention is concentrated on the effects of weld irregularities and it is emphasised that this represents only part of the total deterioration. Some tentative conclusions are drawn regarding the maximum permissible size of rail defects.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Defects; Deterioration; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Structural design; Welding
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d148; Rail ends; Rail sections; Rail welding; Track deterioration; Track irregularities
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053399
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 148/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM