NEAR HYBRID PASSENGER VEHICLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM, PHASE 1. APPENDICES C AND D, VOLUME 2
Results of tradeoff studies are presented in summary form. Various aspects of the overall vehicle design discussed include selection of the base vehicle, the battery pack configuration, structural modifications, occupant protection, vehicle dynamics, and aerodynamics. The drivetrain design and integration, power conditioning unit, battery subsystem, control system, environmental system are described. Specifications, weight breakdown, and energy consumption measures, and advanced technology components are included.
- Sponsored in Part by DOE.
Minicars, Incorporated55 Depot Road
Goleta, CA USA 93117
National Aeronautics and Space Administration600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20546
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 352 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Electric batteries; Electric power conditioning; Fuel consumption; Hybrid automobiles; Hybrid vehicles; Microcomputers; Performance based specifications; Restraint systems; Specifications; Structural design; Systems engineering; Technology; Transmissions; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Occupant restraint; Power conditioning
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00318657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-163331 Final Rpt., JPL-9950-337
- Contract Numbers: NAS7-100
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1981 12:00AM