STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. IMPACT TESTS WITH WAGONS TO SIMULATE OPERATIONAL LOADING
The present report describes the performance and evaluation of static compression tests and subsequent impact tests intended to simulate impact loading, to which the wagon is submitted in an operational life of 16 years. The tests were made with 3 wagons of different types with the same external test conditions. In particular, the report contains information about the behaviour of these wagons in respect of loading in the static compression test and impact test.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Compression tests; Freight cars; Impact loads; Impact tests; Service life; Static tests; Strain gages; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Impact loading; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00053397
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 12/RP 30
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM