SUMMARY OF CAPITAL AND OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE COST EXPERIENCE OF AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS. COSTS AND TRENDS FOR THE PERIOD 1976-1979. SUPPLEMENT II
This report summarizes O&M cost experience and trends for the following AGT systems for the period 1976-1979: AIRTRANS, Sea-Tac, Tampa, Disneyworld (WEDway), and Morgantown (O&M data on the Morgantown system is reported through 1978). Capital cost data is reviewed on Morgantown Phase I, AIRTRANS, Tampa, Sea-Tac, Miami, Busch Gardens, Disneyworld, King's Dominion, and Fairlane. New capital cost data has been obtained from the Atlanta and Orlando Airports and the Minnesota Zoological Gardens. In addition to presenting capital and operating and maintenance costs and trends, this report includes analysis of the factors influencing these costs. A section on the differences between urban and non-urban settings of AGT systems has also been included and shows how the costs of existing non-urban systems might relate to a system in an urban deployment in terms of site conditions and site requirements.
- See also Supplement 1, PB80-146483.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Comparato, T F
- von Rosenvinge, M E
- Kendall, D C
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Cost estimating; Costs; Economic analysis; Estimates; Financial capital; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Operating costs; Rapid transit; Structural design; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); Seattle (Washington); Tampa (Florida)
- Old TRIS Terms: Capitalized costs; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00318512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TSC/UMTA-80-19 Cost Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0069-80-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1982 12:00AM