INNOVATION IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: A DIRECTORY OF RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
This eighth annual directory contains descriptions of current research development and demonstration (RD&D) projects sponsored and funded by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA) of the U.S. Department of Transportation. The intent is to make public information regarding UMTA's RD&D activities. The directory focuses on activity that took place in fiscal year 1979. Programs relate mainly to technology development and deployment, service and methods demonstrations, transportation planning and management; other studies relate to local transportation (Technical Studies) and special planning studies; and programs of policy development and research (including University Research and Training Grant Program). The appendixes provide information about federal research and development in urban mass transportation grants and contracts. The document also provides an index of agencies/contractors, a project index, and a subject index.
- See also report dated 1978, PB80-130818.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Development; Directories; Financing; Guideways; Public transit; Rapid transit; Research; Safety; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA/MA-06-0086-80-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1982 12:00AM