DRAINAGE MANUAL FOR THE SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. VOLUME II. DESIGN MANUAL
This two-volume drainage manual reflects current hydrological design conditions in South Carolina. Volume II (design manual) is written to guide design engineers who are already familiar with the concepts of hydrology and hydraulics. Early chapters deal with the policy, procedures and field survey techniques that form the foundation of most designs. Chapters 4, 5, and 6 cover the design of culverts, bridges and longitudinal drainage. Design examples are interspersed in the text. Analytical and numerical solutions are given. The final chapter provides information for basic erosion control in designs. The design procedures are easy to follow and require a minimum of supplementary material.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-201510. Sponsored in part by South Carolina Dept. of Highways and Public Transportation, Columbia.
Civil Aeromedical InstituteDepartment of Civil Engineering
Oklahoma City, OK United States 73128
Washington, DC United States 20590
South Carolina Department of Highways and Public Transportation955 Park Street, P.O. Box 191
Columbia, SC United States 29202
- Law, A G
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 337 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Channel flow; Culverts; Debris removal; Drainage; Erosion control; Highway bridges; Highways; Hydraulics; Hydrology; Manuals; Slopes; Soil stabilization; Structural design; Subsurface drainage; Surface drainage
- Uncontrolled Terms: Debris; Open channel flow
- Geographic Terms: South Carolina
- Old TRIS Terms: Slope protection
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00318493
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-SC-78-257(2) Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM