UNTERSUCHUNGEN ZUR SIGNALFOLGE AN KNOTENPUNKTEN (STUDY OF TRAFFIC LIGHT SEQUENCE AT INTERSECTIONS)
Part I of the study is concerned, under the heading of 'The Problem of Transition Time When Starting at Intersections Having Traffic Lights' with the effect of the transition on the capacity, on traffic safety, and on starting operations, seen under the aspect of economical driving. The researches are based on deterministic analyses of models and empirical investigations, in which the distance-time of approximately 5700 vehicle queues have been evaluated. In Part II of the study, under the heading of 'Investigations of the Traffic Light Sequence at Pedestrian Crossings' the relationships between the information content of a given traffic light sequence and the position of the traffic light itself, relative to the location of the crossing zone, is examined. The question on whether pedestrians should be guided by two-or-three-phase signal sequences is investigated with the aid of behavioral analysis.
- Pub. in Forschung Strassenbau und Strassenverkehrstechnik, heft 200, 1976. Text in German, abstracts in English and French. Prepared in cooperation with Technische Hochschule, Darmstadt (Germany, F.R.).
Bundesministerium fuer Verkehr, Bonn-Bad GodesbergBonn, Germany
(Germany, F.R.). Abt. Strassenbau.,
- Androsch, W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic control; Intersections; Pedestrians; Traffic safety; Traffic signals; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists;
- Accession Number: 00318467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM