VEHICLE LATERAL CONTROL AND SWITCHING. VOLUME V. DATA BASE
Volume V, this report, provides a catalog of the data base material gathered and classified as part of the VLACS project. It contains (1) an annotated bibliography, which includes short summaries of the documents listed, a list of descriptors, and a series of user designators, and (2) a subject index, which includes numerous entries and subentries, and cross-references. The data base lists technical works dealing with vehicle lateral control, switching and steering systems, vehicle dynamics, ride quality, and other related topics. Its purpose is to help planners and designers find the material they need to evaluate and select automated guideway transit (AGT) systems.
- See also Volume 4, PB80-199763, and Volume 6, PB80-199789. Also available in set of 7 reports PC E99, PB80-199714.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO United States 80010
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Gray, M J
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Bibliographies; Definitions; Guideways; Indexing; Needs assessment; Rapid transit; Ride quality; Steering; Structural design; Switching; Urban transportation; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00318462
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS-TTD-VLACS-053 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0156-79-6
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70088
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 8 1982 12:00AM