VEHICLE LATERAL CONTROL AND SWITCHING. VOLUME IV. TEST PROGRAM
In this report, major emphasis is given to the results of three alternative steering techniques using the VLACS test vehicle and simulations. Use of test data for mathematical model validation is discussed. The three types of steering systems for rubber-tired transit vehicles which have been investigated are: (1) mechanical sensing without power steering (herding); (2) mechanical sensing with power steering; and (3) electromagnetic (wire-follower) sensing.
- See also Volume 3, PB80-199755, and Volume 5, PB80-199771. Also available in set of 7 reports PC E99, PB80-199714.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO USA 80010
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Peckham, G
- FRY, M
- Mayer, F
- Haines, G
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Dynamics; Electrical equipment; Guideways; Mathematical models; Power steering; Rapid transit; Ride quality; Simulation; Steering; Structural design; Switching; Urban transportation; Validation; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway design; Power equipment; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00318461
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS-TTD-VLACS-052 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0156-79-5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70088
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 8 1982 12:00AM