GRENZ-UND FOLGEZEITLUCKEN ALS GRUNDLAGE FUER DIE BERECHNUNG DER LEISTUNGSFAHIGKEIT VON LANDSTRASSENKNOTEN (CRITICAL TIME GAPS AND FOLLOWING TIME HEADWAYS AS THE BASIS FOR CALCULATING THE THROUGHPUT CAPACITY OF MAIN ROAD JUNCTIONS)
The first part of the work deals with the problems of definition of critical time gaps and following time headways, measuring regulations, and evaluation processes. The existing processes are further developed and completed; the most important complement is the derivation of a relationship that allows a determination of the mean error in a critical time gap measured. In the second part of the work the relationships between critical time gaps and following time headways are discussed for various types of vehicle and movement processes, as is the dependence of these values on external influences. On the basis of the relationships obtained a table of critical time gaps and following time headways is established, which can provide the starting parameters for calculating the throughput capacity of junctions without traffic lights.
- Pub. in Forschung Strassenbau und Strassenverkehrstechnik, heft 216, 1976. Text in German, abstracts in English and French. Prepared in cooperation with Ingenieurbuero, Duesseldorf (Germany, F.R.).
Bundesministerium fuer Verkehr, Bonn-Bad GodesbergBonn, Germany
(Germany, F.R.). Abt. Strassenbau.,
- HARDERS, J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic; Intersections; Measurement; Roads; Travel time; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00318455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM