I. VERKEHRSABLAUF AN EINKAUFSZENTREN UND VERBRAUCHERMARKTEN. II. GESETZMASSIGKEITEN DES VERKEHSAUFKOMMENS IN SONDERFALLEN (I. THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC IN SHOPPING CENTRES AND CONSUMER MARKETS. II. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRAFFIC VOLUMES IN SPECIAL CASES),
The first involved the monitoring of traffic flows to and from five shopping centers. Consideration is given to such variables as time of day, day of the week, shopping center sales volume, etc. Traffic-relevant customer behavior is also analyzed. Results are presented with the aid of numerous charts and tables. The second study involved traffic volumes at four shopping centers and three recreational areas. The characteristic features of the customers of visitors was derived, the time distribution of the daily volume of traffic was determined, the influence of additional traffic on the approach roads and neighboring junctions was estimated, and a delimitation of the catchment area was performed. Recommendations are given for the size of the parking areas for shopping centers and recreational centers.
- Pub. in Forschung Strassenbau und Strassenverkehrstechnik, heft 217, 1976. Text in German, abstracts in English and French. Prepared in cooperation with Technische Hochschule, Darmstadt (Germany, F.R.), and Technische Univ., Brunswick (Germany, F.R.).
Bundesministerium fuer Verkehr, Bonn-Bad GodesbergBonn, Germany
(Germany, F.R.). Abt. Strassenbau.,
- Janz, K
- Geiss, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 138 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway traffic; Intersections; Parking facilities; Recreational facilities; Roads; Shopping centers; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00318453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM