PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS OCCURRING ON FREEWAYS: AN INVESTIGATION OF CAUSATIVE FACTORS, ACCIDENT DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
The data include behavioral sequence items, site characteristic items, identification items, pedestrian factors, driver factors and vehicle factors. The accident investigations were intended to identify the precipitating and predisposing factors in each accident. The data reduction and data analysis phase resulted in the identification of a number of characteristic accident situations or accident types. Although 14 different accident types were identified, the most frequent types accounted for nearly 60% of the accidents. Countermeasures intended to impact on each of the accident types are discussed.
- Set includes PB80-198732, PB80-198740, and PB80-198757.
BioTechnology IncorporatedArlington, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 429 p.
- Accession Number: 00318447
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3 Volumes One-Time
- Files: NTIS, TSR
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM