STANDARDISATION OF PASSENGER COACHES. PERMISSIBLE LOADING OF INTERNAL PARTS OF PASSENGER COACHES
For the dimensioning and design of internal components of passenger coaches, certain load assumptions have to be made. At the moment such guidelines are available only on a national scale. This report classifies the components and component assemblies found in passenger coaches and defines the types of loading to which they may be exposed. The extent of the loadings is also indicated. For the more important loadings, reference values are given and certain safety factors recommended.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Aerodynamics; Passenger cars; Passengers; Standardization; Transportation safety; Vehicle components; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger safety; Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Acceleration forces; Aerodynamic effects; Car component design; Car components; Passenger car design; Question b106
- Subject Areas: Design; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053390
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 106/RP 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM