MERKBLATT ZUR GESTALTUNG UND SICHERUNG VON SCHULWEGEN (INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DESIGN AND SAFETY OF CHILDREN'S WAYS TO SCHOOL)
In order to provide the public and private institutions who concern themselves with the safety of children's ways to school with the necessary information to fulfill their task, instructions are issued which confront examples of the design of ways to school with the laws in force, other rules and regulations and research results in this field. The instructions contain suggestions with regard to community development planning, transportation plan, road design, traffic rules and regulations, boundaries of school districts, participation in traffic under the guidance of third persons, children's equipment (clothes, bicycles) and traffic education. Those ways to school are dealt with which can be walked or driven by bicycle. The problems of motorized students or students transported by school busses are given marginal attention only. For the persons responsible and those affected, the instructions contain a catalog of possible measures which, taking account of the local conditions prevailing, can be laid down in the form of maps of ways to school.
- Text in German, abstract in English. Pub. in Unfall- und Sicherheitsforschung Strassenverkehr, heft 12, 1977. Color illustrations reproduced in black and white.
Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen (BASt)Brüderstraße 53
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany 51427
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Children; Corridors; Design; Equipment; Regulations; Routes; Schools; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passageways
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Law;
- Accession Number: 00318435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM