DEVELOPMENT OF CAR/TRAILER HANDLING AND BRAKING STANDARDS. VOLUME III: APPENDICES FOR PHASE I
This document contains supportive information relevant to the main technical discussion and results presented in Volume II. This includes all relevant specifications and descriptions of the tow vehicles, trailers, instrumentation, equipment, and test procedures used in the test portion of the program. Also included are supporting data reduced from straight line braking tests, cornering tests, and trailer damping tests. Raw data are contained on 4 FM analog tape. A run log summary is presented to identify conditions of each test run recorded on tape.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-196629 and Volume 4, PB80-196645. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E12, PB80-196603.
Systems Technology, Incorporated13766 South Hawthorne Boulevard
Hawthorne, CA USA 90250
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Szostak, H T
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brakes; Braking; Damping (Physics); Deceleration; Dynamic braking; Handling characteristics; Passenger vehicles; Performance based specifications; Performance tests; Specifications; Standards; Steering; Towed vehicles; Towing devices; Towing vehicles; Trailers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Handling
- Old TRIS Terms: Cornering (Vehicle)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00318420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: STI-TR-1114-1-VOL-3 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-805-328
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-701720
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 8 2002 12:00AM