A CONTRIBUTION TO THE INVESTIGATION OF CORRUGATIONS ON THE WHEEL TREADS OF RAILWAY VEHICLES
This report summarises available data concerning the development and acoustic effects of corrugations on the wheel treads of railway vehicles. Investigations were carried out both in normal railway service and on test rigs, on block brakes with different types of blocks and also on disc brakes.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Disc brakes; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Railroads; Sound level; Tire treads; Wear; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wheel profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cast iron brake blocks; Question c137; Wheel screech noise; Wheel tread damage
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053388
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM