STRASSENVERKEHRSBETEILIGUNG ALTERER MENSCHEN (ELDER PEOPLE AS ROAD USERS)
The objective of this investigation was to collect basic data on the nature, duration and frequency as well as the purpose and the aim of the participation of elder people in traffic in the Federal Republic of Germany. By means of a multilevel selection procedure and questionnaire inquiries combined with an analysis of the time distribution of the type of participation in traffic, data on the behavioral attitudes of elder people in traffic was collected. The age of the road users observed had been limited by the authors to at least 60 years. The discussion on the characteristics and behavior patterns of this group as well as the justification of the methodical approach are followed by the description of the ecological and regional aspects of the way of life of the questioned group. The questionnaire findings and the results of the analyses of participation in traffic are provided with a special distinction made between time, regional, and personal influence factors. Some comments on the involvement in accidents and on safe (or unsafe) feelings of elder road users as well as suggestions about measures aiming at improving road safety and proposals on initiation of new research activities complete this report.
- Text in German, abstract in English. Pub. in Unfall- und Sicherheitsforschung Strassenverkehr, heft 11, 1977. Sponsored in part by Bundesanstalt fuer Strassenwesen, Cologne (Germany, F.R.).
Bielfeld Univ. (Germany, F.R.). Fakultaet fuer,
Bundesanstalt für Straßenwesen (BASt)Brüderstraße 53
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany 51427
Cologne (Germany, F.R.).,
- WITTENBERG, R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 337 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Attitudes; Behavior; Pedestrians; Quality of life; Surveys; Traffic safety
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00318405
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM