RAILWAY NOISE. REDUCTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL NOISE DISTURBANCES CAUSED BY THE WORK OF TRACK MAINTENANCE MACHINES
The report describes possible noise abatement measures to be applied to various types of track maintenance machines, thus reducing the effect on the environment and operators. Technical solutions and their effectiveness are described starting from the noise levels of machines without any noise reduction and an analysis of noise generation and propagation. The level reductions obtained by measures applied to the machines themselves and, possibly, ear guards for the operators ensure satisfactory conditions.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Human factors; Maintenance of way; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Sound transmission
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cab acoustic measurements; Question c137; Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053387
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM