CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF PAH IN DIESEL EXHAUST GASES
Four different diesel fuels were used in these tests. Besides polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), the content of CO, CO sub 2 , HC and NO/sub x/ in the exhaust gases was also measured. It was found that the lighter fuels gave a lower PAH content in the exhaust and that a catalytic converter, working at proper temperature, efficiently eliminated PAH.
- U.S. Sales Only.
Lulea University, SwedenS-95187 Lulea, Sweden
- Rehnberg, O
- Nilsson, E
- Christiansson, J
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air pollution sources; Aromatic hydrocarbons; Carbon dioxide; Carbon monoxide; Catalytic converters; Chemical analysis; Chromatography; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Diesel fuels; Exhaust gases; Gas chromatography; Hydrocarbons; Measurement; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides
- Uncontrolled Terms: Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00318373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM