RAILWAY NOISE. PROPAGATION OF TRAIN RUNNING NOISE IN THE VICINITY OF RAILWAY TRACKS--MEASUREMENTS RELATING TO THE SOUND INSULATION EFFECT OF SCREENS FITTED ON THE BODY OF VEHICLES OR NEAR THE RUNNING GEAR
This report describes the different experimental solutions retained for verifying, on Commercial Service passenger vehicles or freight vehicles and on tractive vehicles, the advisability and acoustical effectiveness of an extension of the bottom part of the body between bogies and of shrouding arranged directly in front of the running gear. These special mounting arrangements, made within the limits of the UIC clearance gauge, have permitted the measurement, during train passage of the effect of these integral vehicle screening systems on the environment noise in the free-field at 25 m from the track.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Car wheels (Railroads); Freight cars; Locomotives; Noise; Noise barriers; Noise control; Passenger cars; Railroads; Rolling stock
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise attenuation; Question c137
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053386
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 137/RP 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM