ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT STUDY: CHICAGO SOUTH SHORE AND SOUTH BEND RAILROAD CORRIDOR. APPENDICES
The document presents an assessment of the marketing potentialities, an identification of requirements at each station site and the development of an overall investment strategy for stations along the South Shore line. This is a sketch planning technique. A separate description of problems and potentialities is presented for each station site along the line, including all of those that now exist and several that have been proposed for new station development.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E12, PB80-193493.
Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission8149 Kennedy Avenue
Highland, IN United States 46322
Economic Development AdministrationPublication Div, 14th Between E St & Constitution, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 278 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Commuter service; Deficits; Economic analysis; Finance; Freight transportation; Level of service; Marketing; Passenger transportation; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Regional development; Subsidies; Traffic
- Identifier Terms: Chicago South Shore and South Bend Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Services
- Geographic Terms: Illinois; Indiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00318348
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-80-077
- Contract Numbers: EDA-06-09-01493
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM