BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES AND INTERACTION BETWEEN TRACK AND STRUCTURE. THERMAL PHENOMENA IN THE INTERACTION BETWEEN CWR AND STRUCTURE ON TWO RATP REINFORCED CONCRETE BRIDGES OF 35 M LENGTH (WITH TRACK LAID ON BALLAST AND WITH TRACK LAID DIRECT)
This report presents the results of the measurements taken on a reinforced concrete three-span railway bridge of 35 m length with statically indeterminate structure consisting of two adjacent but independent decks, one carrying track laid on ballast and the other with track laid direct, with special Tetron type neoprene bearing devices. The report describes the variations with time of the stresses in the CWR, the variations of the forces at the bearings due to the temperature of the rails and that of the bridge, and the variations in longitudinal displacements of bridges and rails. It establishes certain correlations between these variations and analyses the results obtained. In particular, it contains a comparison table of these variations between the bridge with track laid on the ballast and the bridge with track laid direct.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge bearings; Bridge decks; Bridges; Dynamics; Rail (Railroads); Reinforced concrete bridges; Stresses; Temperature; Temperature measurement; Thermal stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Thermal effects
- Old TRIS Terms: Ballast deck bridges; Ballastless bridges; Question d101; Rail behavior; Rail stress
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053384
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 101/RP 16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM