PERMISSIBLE LIMIT VALUES FOR THE Y AND Q FORCES AND DERAILMENT CRITERIA. EFFECT OF THE SPACING OF CONSECUTIVE AXLES ON THE MAXIMUM PERMISSIBLE VALUE OF LATERAL LOAD FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF TRACK DISPLACEMENT. SECOND PART. TESTS ON BOGIE WAGONS
The present report describes the results obtained with the two bogie vehicles successively: a summary of the programme of tests and results obtained with the two-axled wagon; a description of the test installation; the characteristics of the bogie vehicles; the conditions for the execution of the tests and the results obtained; and a comparative analysis of the results contained for the 3 types of vehicle. These results show in particular that for closely spaced axles the value S sub lim related to the axle exposed to the highest lateral load in absolute numbers, varies with the ratio between the loads applied to 2 consecutive wheelsets, the minimum being reached when these 2 loads are equal. This minimum does not significantly differ from the value S sub lim determined for the case of the single wheelset, for which it is close to (10 + p over 3) kN (P = axle-load) for the track conditions retained for the tests.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Derailments; Four axle cars; Freight cars; Gage (Rails); L/V ratio; Loads; Overturning; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Stability (Mechanics); Tests; Train track dynamics; Wheel base
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads; Track stability; Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Gauge widening; Question c138; Rail overturning
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053381
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 138/RP 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM