STATISTICAL EVALUATION OF DERAILMENT TESTS IN DERBY (SEPTEMBER, 1977) WITH TWO-AXLED GOODS WAGONS
The measuring results of the derailment tests by BR described in ORE Report C 138/RP 3 are evaluated using the methods of the analytical/mathematical statistics. Regarding the magnitude deduced (Y/Q)a, a relationship with the lifting of the outer wheel in the curve dz sub a and the numerical determination of a limiting value Lim (Y/Q)a is developed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material. This Technical Document was compiled within the scope of activities of the ORE Specialists Committee for Question C 138.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Derailments; Dynamics; Flanges; Force; Rail (Railroads); Regression analysis; Statistical analysis; Train track dynamics; Two axle cars; Wheel loads; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question dt97 (C138); Wheel flange forces
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053380
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 97 (C138)E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM