BARGE TRAFFIC FORECAST AND CONSTRAINT ANALYSIS FOR GREAT II
The primary objective of this report to the Commercial Transportation Workgroup are threefold: (1) To develop a forecast of the magnitude and nature of barge traffic in the GREAT II area, (2) To forecast needs, such as barge fleeting, that will be necessary to support future barge traffic, (3) To identify alternative means of meeting these needs. Additional objectives of the report are to review the existing literature related to forecasts of barge traffic and needs in the GREAT II area and to summarize problems involved with the commercial development of the river.
- Prepared in cooperation with Data Resources, Inc.
Kearney (AT) and Company, IncorporatedRock Island, IL United States 61201
- Publication Date: 1980-1-31
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Fleet management; Forecasting; Freight terminals; Inland waterways traffic; Intermodal terminals; Locks (Waterways); Moorings; Rivers; Ship pilotage; Trade; Water traffic; Water transportation; Winter
- Geographic Terms: Illinois; Iowa; Mississippi River; Missouri
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge fleeting; Barge traffic; Capacity quantity; River traffic; Surface navigation; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00318234
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DACW25-78-C-0078
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 2002 12:00AM