TESTS ON AUTOMATIC COUPLINGS. STRENGTH STUDIES WITH THE COUPLER BODY OF THE BASIC VARIANT OF THE AUTOMATIC COUPLER 1969E FOR WAGONS
The present report describes the strength studies made with the coupler body of the basic variant for the automatic coupler 1969e for wagons. The tests planned in accordance with the "Joint Test Programme for Strength Studies relating to the UIC/OSJD Automatic Couplers" were carried out and completed successfully. The coupler body of the basic variant of the automatic coupler 1969e for wagons fulfills the strength conditions laid down in UIC Leaflet 522 as well as the additional ones agreed upon by UIC and OSJD. The necessary reinforcements undertaken in connection with the mixed coupler in the area of the large claw do not affect the compatibility of the two UIC/OSJD coupler versions, nor do they mean a modification of the adaption principles agreed upon by the two organisations.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Couplers; Design; Fatigue strength; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Automatic coupling; Question b51
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053378
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 51/RP 21
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM