OUTLINE OF THE HIGHWAY TRANSPORTATION PLANNING PROCESS
An effective highway transportation planning process is the basis for, and is a necessary continuous part of efficient highway transportation management. This series of manuals and accompanying computer programs were developed to provide guidelines for establishing a system and the basic data collection programs and analysis that are a necessary beginning for accomplishing such a planning process. The following manuals are included: (1) Outline of the highway transportation planning process, (2) Guide for a manual of instructions for road inventory, (3) Guide for a manual of instructions for traffic surveys, (4) Guide for a functional classification of highways, (5) Guide for a manual for highway adequacy rating, and (6) Measuring highway improvement needs and priority analysis.
- See also Spanish Version, PB8-196405. For system on magnetic tape, see PB80-196330.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Litz, L E
- Toillion, D
- Cutrell, J
- Hall, R
- Rutledge, B
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 243 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Computer programming; Data collection; Guidelines; Highway operations; Highway planning; Highway traffic; Highway transportation; Highways; Inventory; Manuals; Needs assessment; Regional planning; Roads; Routes; Rural areas; Traffic engineering; Traffic surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318190
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-EO-79-1000, DOT/DF-80/001D
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM