RURAL HIGHWAY PLANNING SYSTEM. COMPUTER PROGRAM USERS' MANUAL. VOLUME 2
An effective highway transportation planning process is the basis for, and is a necessary continuous part of efficient highway transportation management. A series of manuals and accompanying computer programs were developed to provide guidelines for establishing a system and the basic data collection programs and analysis that are a necessary beginning for accomplishing such a planning process. The object of the manual is to assist with the development of efficient procedures to update the road inventory data and for analyzing adequacy rating data beginning with the receipt of the completed field forms. The tables produced as a result of this analysis are used for determining the highway needs.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-196355, and Volume 3, PB80-196371. For system on magnetic tape, see PB80-196330. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E99, PB80-196348.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Litz, L E
- Rutledge, B
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 189 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Computer programming; Computer programs; Data analysis; Data collection; Guidelines; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Highways; Inventory; Maintenance; Management; Manuals; Mathematical analysis; Needs assessment; Regional planning; Reports; Roads; Routes; Rural areas; Rural highways; Tables (Data); Traffic engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reporting
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Editing; Office management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318188
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-EO-79-1008, DOT-DF-80/001B
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM