RURAL HIGHWAY PLANNING SYSTEM. COMPUTER PROGRAM USERS' MANUAL. VOLUME 1
An effective highway transportation planning process is the basis for, and is a necessary continuous part of efficient highway transportation management. A series of manuals and accompanying computer programs were developed to provide guidelines for establishing a system and the basic data collection programs and analysis that are a necessary beginning for accomplishing such a planning process. The object of the manual is to assist with the development of efficient procedures for analyzing the road inventory data beginning with the receipt of the completed field forms. It includes a suggested organization for office operations and documentation to assist with the installation and use of the computer programs that were developed for the system.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-196363. For system on magnetic tape, see PB80-196330. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E99, PB80-196348.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Litz, L E
- Cutrell, J
- Centeno, K
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 272 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Computer programming; Computer programs; Data collection; Guidelines; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Highways; Inventory; Management; Manuals; Organization; Regional planning; Roads; Routes; Rural areas; Rural highways; Traffic engineering; Transportation operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Office management; Organization theory; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-EO-79-1007, DOT-DF-80/001A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM