THE DEVELOPMENT OF SERVICE STANDARDS AND OPERATING GUIDELINES FOR THE DELAWARE AUTHORITY FOR REGIONAL TRANSIT. TASK B OF THE DART PLANNING PROGRAM
The service standards project is one aspect of the Delaware Authority for Regional Transit (DART) planning program in order to increase DART's patronage, improve DART's operational efficiency, and increase the regional transit accessibility with the Wilmington urbanized area. Although these standards and guidelines are intended initially for application only to DART operations, they have been developed in such a way as to allow their application in any portion of the New Castle County, Delaware-Cecil County, Maryland-Salem County, New Jersey SMSA. This report presents an introduction and background of transit performance measurement, a detailed description of the transit service standards and operating guidelines proposed for adoption by DART, and an assessment of the degree to which DART's current operations are in compliance with the suggested standards and basic planning guidelines. In addition, a preliminary estimate of the costs required to have DART's service meet these proposed standards and guidelines is included.
- Prepared by Barton-Aschman Associates, Inc., Washington, DC.
Wilmington Metro Area Planning Coordinating CountyNewark, DE United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 194 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Cost estimating; Costs; Counties; Estimates; Evaluation; Guidelines; Level of service; Performance; Productivity; Public transit; Regional planning; Regional transportation; Standards; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance indicators; Services
- Geographic Terms: Delaware
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318184
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0061-80-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM