UNIFICATION OF AIR-CONDITIONING AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT IN COACHES. EVALUATION OF THE TESTS CARRIED OUT TO DETERMINE THE OPTIMUM AIR CIRCULATION AND TEMPERATURE DISTRIBUTION IN A COUCHETTE COMPARTMENT
This report deals with the tests carried out by Messrs. BBC in a couchette compartment arranged successively for night-time and daytime situations, the main object of these tests being to determine the best comfort criteria for the passenger with regard to air-conditioning arrangements to be fitted in compartments. These tests mainly consist of measuring the air speeds at different points of the compartment when varying a given number of parameters. Conclusions can be drawn concerning the influence of these different parameters.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Sleeping cars; Technology; Tests
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Air distribution; Question b108
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053377
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 108/RP 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM