OPTIMUM ADAPTATION OF THE CONVENTIONAL TRACK TO FUTURE TRAFFIC. HYDRAULIC PERFORMANCE OF TRACK BED STRUCTURES AND SOIL UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF RAINFALL
The present report summarises the results of tests by the SNCF in connection with the hydraulic performance of track bed structures and soil under the effect of rainfall. It ends with some practical conclusions as regards the dimensioning of longitudinal drainage systems. Parallel with other investigations in progress, it evaluates the water content conditions to be taken into account under various climatic conditions.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Drainage; Railroad tracks; Rain; Runoff; Soil stabilization; Subballast; Subgrade (Pavements); Watersheds; Weather
- Uncontrolled Terms: Subgrade stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d117
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053375
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 117/RP 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM