WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES: DESIGN, MAINTENANCE AND STANDARDISATION. STANDARDISATION OF WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES FOR WAGONS EQUIPPED WITH 920 MM DIAMETER WHEELS
The wheelset with assembled axlebox and fitted with 920 mm wheels has been designed: for taking 22 t axleloads; to be interchangeable with existing UIC wheelsets; for use with two-axled or bogie wagons. It has: a short journal; a solid rim-sprayed wheel without offset and with curved web. The recommendations of ORE Committees B 95 (RP 3 and RP 4), B 98 (RP 9) and S 1002 (RP 2) are applicable to this standardised wheelset.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Railroad cars; Standardization; Two axle cars; Vehicle design; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle boxes; Axle loadings; Question b136; Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053373
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 136/RP 12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM