FINANCING URBAN TRANSPORTATION: GENERAL STUDIES. 1970-MARCH, 1980 (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
Financing methods are presented to show the various ways in which urban transportation systems can be supported by communities, metropolitan areas, and regions. Systems such as bus lines, subways, rapid rail, and taxis are discussed, as well as dial-a-ride operations and transit for the elderly. Some attention is given to urban airports, fare structures, and ridership. A few case studies are reported for specific cities if they would be of general interest to other areas.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Airports; Analysis; Bibliographies; Bus lines; Case studies; Cities; Cities and towns; Costs; Fares; Finance; Financing; Management; Methodology; Metropolitan areas; Paratransit services; Problem solving; Public transit; Rapid transit; Revenues; Ridership; Subways; Systems engineering; Taxicabs; Transportation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Management methods; Rapid transit railways; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00318093
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM