TRANSPORTATION USERS: DEMANDS AND NEEDS. 1964-FEBRUARY, 1980 (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
The bibliography covers research on the needs and demands of transportation users. These users include the general public and specific groups including the elderly, the poor, commuters, and students. Most of the studies are concerned with urban mass transit systems and methods to predict their passenger usage. Studies covering specific localities as well as the U.S. in general are included. Predictions and needs of user groups are researched through questionnaires, counting techniques, and mathematical models. (This updated bibliography contains 170 abstracts, 26 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Kenton, E
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Pagination: 177 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bibliographies; Commuters; Demand; Forecasting; Low income groups; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Passenger transportation; Planning; Public transit; Students; Transportation operations; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; User needs
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00318092
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM