STANDARDISATION OF THE MATERIAL FOR CAST IRON BRAKE BLOCKS. REPORT NO. 1--MANUFACTURE AND SELECTION OF GRADES OF CAST IRON FOR THE TESTS
This report deals with the first stage of the work of the Committee, viz: analysis of the present position as regards the use of cast iron brake blocks; drafting of technical specifications for the materials to be tested; manufacture of the selected materials; examination of these materials in the laboratory; and friction tests with reduced scale test pieces. The results of these studies have enabled the knowledge of the subject to be improved and materials to be selected for the brake testing rig.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Casting; Phosphorus; Specifications; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b146
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053371
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 146/RP 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM