WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES: DESIGN, MAINTENANCE AND STANDARDISATION. REPORT NO. 12--STANDARDISATION OF WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES FOR WAGONS EQUIPPED WITH 1000 MM DIAMETER WHEELS
The wheelset with assembled axlebox and fitted with 1000 mm wheels has been designed: for taking 22 t axleloads; to be interchangeable with existing UIC wheelsets; and for use with two-axled wagons and possibly bogied wagons. It has: a short journal and a solid rim-sprayed wheel without offset and with curved web. The recommendations of ORE Committees B 95 (RP 3 and RP 4), B 98 (RP 9) and S 1002 ((RP 2) are applicable to this standardised wheelset. The wheelset axle is the same as that recommended in B 136/RP 12 for wagons with 920 mm 0 wheels.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Freight cars; Journal boxes; Railroad cars; Standardization; Stresses; Technology; Two axle cars; Vehicle components; Vehicle design; Wear; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance analysis
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle boxes; Axle journal stresses; Axle loadings; Question b136; Wheel design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053370
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 136 /RP 13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM