POSITIVE INDICATOR FOR TRACK SWITCH POINT POSITION
The objective of this research was to develop and test a fail-safe device that would provide positive indication of track switch point position and be suitable for application in contemporary underground coal rail haulage systems. The effort was divided into four phases as follows: (1) evaluation, (2) design, (3) fabrication and surface testing, and (4) underground installation and testing. The results are described in Section 2 of the report. A sequential listing of the 53 steps employed in developing the system is Appendix A.
MB AssociatesP.O. Box 196, Bollinger Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA United States 94583
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC United States 20241
- St Amant, A
- Publication Date: 1978-2-28
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal mines; Fail safe systems; Indicating instruments; Mine haulage; Position indicators; Railroad turnouts; Signals; Switches (Railroads); Systems engineering; Warning devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00317971
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BUMINES-OFR-35-80 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: H0166046
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM