SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, GREENBELT ROUTE, STATIONS 305+30 (E005) TO 657+46 (E007) ARS MODIFIED ALIGNMENT AND STORAGE YARD (E008) AND S-CURVE ALIGNMENT
Results are presented of 49 borings of the E- series made in Sections E005 to E008 and 23 borings of the E- series made along the S-Curve alignment in Sections E005 and E006 of Greenbelt Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system in Prince Georges County, east of the District of Columbia boundary. The line extended east and north along Queens Chapel Road to the B&O Railroad line, passing through College Park, Maryland to the Capital Beltway. The investigation was made to determine subsurface conditions over a length of approximately 38,000 feet for subway construction involving structures at-grade, on piers, in cut-and-cover boxes and mined tunnels between the District boundary and College Park. The report includes continuous geologic sections along the line of the subway on the ARS Modified Alignment and in Sections E005 and E006. Also included are logs of all test borings made in the E- series on this alignment since the inception of these studies, laboratory test data and recommendation regarding design and construction problems.
- Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Washington, DC.
Mueser, Rutledge, Johnston and DeSimoneNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 228 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00317930
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRJD-78-155
- Contract Numbers: WMATA-3Z725M,, WMATA-3Z725P
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 2002 12:00AM