EFFECT ON THE TRACK OF RAISING THE AXLE-LOAD FROM 20 T TO 22 T. REPORT NO. 1--STATISTICAL STUDY OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF FATIGUE DEFECTS AS A FUNCTION OF THE MEAN AXLE-LOAD
The SNCF has made a statistical study, in order to evaluate the influence of the mean axle-load on the fatigue performance of the rails. This influence may be expressed by a formula given at the end of this report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue tests; Rail (Railroads); Statistics; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; High axle loads; Question d141
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053367
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 141/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM