SEA TRANSPORT OF USED NUCLEAR FUEL AND RADIOACTIVE DISPOSALS TO A SWEDISH CENTRAL STORE
A vessel for transporting used nuclear fuel and radioactive disposals from the power stations at Ringhals, Barsebaeck, Simpevarp and Forsmark to a central store has been projected. Safety aspects, technical and economical aspects have been taken into consideration with regard to the actual volume of goods to be transported. Three different types of vessels are presented and a specification is given for the main alternative. A safety study of the main alternative is shown, regarding collision safety, fire risks and fire extinguishing equipment. (Atomindex citation 10:449281)
- U.S. Sales Only.
Salenrederierna, ABStockholm, Sweden
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Casks; Design; Hazard evaluation; Hazardous materials; Hazards; Radioactive materials; Radioactive materials; Radioactive waste disposal; Radioactive wastes; Safety; Ships; Spent reactor fuels; Transportation; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Hazardous materials transportation; Nuclear disposal transport
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00317751
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM