THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF FATIGUE TEST RESULTS
This technical document describes the application of the principle of maximum likelihood and of support calculations to the statistical evaluation of fatigue test results. The application of these techniques to the determination of the most likely sample means, standard deviations and regression lines is shown as well as the technique of determining whether two sets of results can be accepted as coming from the same parent population. A computer program is described by means of which Wholer lines can be determined as a best fit to various sets of data including run-outs and from which best slopes of lines common to a number of sets of data can be determined.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- SPINDEL, J E
- Board, B R
- Haibach, E
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue tests; Information processing; Regression analysis; Statistical analysis; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question dt71(D130)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053365
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 71 (D 130)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM