MEASUREMENT OF THE CONTACT FORCE BETWEEN PANTOGRAPH AND OVERHEAD CONTACT SYSTEM (BR, SNCF AND DB METHODS)
The BR has developed a technique based on the measurement of the relative force at the pantograph head supports, using an accelerometer to compensate for the head inertia. The SNCF method is to use special friction strips in contact on the head surface. Suitable machining permits the accomodation of strain gauges and to deduct from these the instantaneous shear force. The DB developed a device, the wear strips of which are separate. The transmitted forces are measured by strain gauges at the connection points.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Contact wire; Dynamometers; Electrical conductivity; Measuring instruments; Pantographs; Railroad electrification; Strain gages; Transducers
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Question dt83(A129)
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053363
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 83 (A 129)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM