WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES: DESIGN, MAINTENANCE AND STANDARDISATION. FLOW OF ELECTRIC CURRENT THROUGH AXLE-BOX ROLLER BEARINGS
The report contains a description of the types of damage on roller bearings due to the current passing through them. After dealing with the theory of current flow through a bearing, solutions and recommendations are given for avoiding, limiting or controlling these current flows through axle-box roller bearings.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Electric multiple unit cars; Journal bearings; Protection; Roller bearings; Safety equipment; Stray currents; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle boxes; Ground currents; Protective devices; Question b136
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00053360
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 136/RP 10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM