UNCONVENTIONAL TRACKS. ENQUIRY REPORT-PRESENT STATE OF KNOWLEDGE AND FUTURE USE
This report presents an analysis of the replies received from the member-railways of ORE and the UITP Metro Committee members to a questionnaire designed to establish the likely extent of the use of slab track systems in the next 10 years, the current state of knowledge, and the areas of research which might still be necessary. The conclusion of the report is that no further formal research study should be carried out, but the pooling of experience acquired should be continued.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete slab track; Forecasting; High speed track; Questionnaires; Rapid transit; Slabs; Sound transmission; State of the art; Subways; Tunnels; Unconventional track; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d87
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053358
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 87/RP 18
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1981 12:00AM