APPLICABILITY OF COAL SLURRY PIPELINES TO THE APPALACHIAN REGION. VOLUME I
The study focused on the coal flow network in Appalachia. The coal flows with potential for slurry pipeline applications were then analyzed in a series of case studies using coal demand projections for 1990. For each case study, the cost of coal transportation by a slurry pipeline was determined and compared to that of the competing modes. These case studies indicated that coal slurry pipelines are economically viable for Appalachia only in specific cases. The socioeconomic and environmental implications of coal slurry pipelines for the Appalachian Region were analyzed within the context of the highly probable applications.
Mathtech, Incorporated14 Washington Road
Princeton, NJ USA 08540
- Fallah, M H
- Ciliano, R
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Competition; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Long range planning; Slurry pipelines; Traffic forecasting; Transportation modes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Long term
- Geographic Terms: Appalachia
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00317437
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: ARC-77-202/CO-5896
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM